The iPhone’s Dock (some people refer to it as the menu bar or the Home screen bottom bar) provides a means to access your most frequently used apps from any of your Home Screens. While Apple’s default choice of apps in the Dock may be just fine for you, if you ever want to change apps on the iPhone Dock then you can move the app icons to meet your needs.
How to Organize Your iPhone Dock
You will have to remove an app from the Dock before you can add a new app icon to the dock. To rearrange the apps on the iPhone dock:
- Tap and hold on any app icon in the iPhone Dock. When the Action Menu opens, select Edit Home Screen.
- Now, your dock and Home screen will enter “wiggle mode.”
- Drag and drop one of the app icons from the dock to the Home screen.
- Next, drag the app icon you want move into the Dock from the Home screen and position it wherever you want it on the Dock.
- Repeat this for any other app icons you wish to change.
- When done, tap the Home button or gently swipe up from the Home bar to exit “wiggle mode.”
Now, you have a customized Dock with your favorite apps. You can switch these out any time, so have fun with it until you find the arrangement that’s just right for you.