One of the most useful apps on the iPhone and iPad is one I use multiple times throughout the day; the Calendar app. Beyond the ability to create an event or appointment and add it, the Calendar can be synced between all your Apple devices using iCloud. In addition you have the choice to use multiple calendars, such as one for work and one for home. When you make and add an event to the Calendar app, it’s automatically placed in the default calendar on your device. Let’s get started learning how to create Calendar events, add event details, and, if you choose, place your events in separate Calendars.
View Your Calendar by Day, Month, or Year
- Open your Calendar app.
- You can view your calendar by day, month, and year by tapping the Today tab at the bottom of your screen.
- If you’re in the today view and want to see the monthly view, tap the month name in the upper left corner.
- If you’re in the monthly view and want to see the calendar for the whole year, tap the year at the upper left corner of your display.
- Tap Today to go back from year to month or month to day.
- Or to move from a yearly view back to a monthly view, tap the month.
- To move from a monthly view to a daily view, tap Today at the lower-left corner of your screen.
Create a Calendar Event & Add Details
- Tap the + icon at the top-right of the screen to create a new event.
- Enter the title, then enter the location and tap Done.
Define a Duration
After entering the event, scroll down and tap on Starts to set a time for your event. To schedule how long the event lasts tap Ends. If the event occurs regularly, such as once a week, tap Repeat and then choose from the selection.
Set an Alert
- Tap Alert to set an event alert time; you can pick from a set of predefined times.
- Once you’ve entered your first Alert, the option appears to enter a second one.
Pick a Calendar
If you wish to add the event to another calendar besides the default, tap on Calendar to select a different one.
If you need to remember to bring something or if there is extra preparation required, use the Notes section. Notes are also searchable.
- If there’s a URL associated with the event or location, you can enter it in the URL section.
- When you’re finished, tap Add at the upper-right corner of your display, and the event will be added to your Calendar.
- To make changes, tap on the event in your Calendar and then tap Edit in the upper right corner of your screen.
- If you want to Delete your event, just tap Delete Event at the bottom of the screen.